sexta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2009

Once I met a child...

Today I was walking through the mighty city of Stormwind, the capital of the Humans and of the Alliance. Suddenly I saw a child and I went talking to him:

Me -Hi! Is it all right?
Child -No…(then I realized he was crying)
Me -What’s up?
Child - Children’s week is over… now there is no one giving me lollypops or chocolates…



I gave him a piece of cake and left.



Then I went back home and started thinking… As in your world, we have days, or weeks to celebrate everything, but in all the other days of the year, we forget about those who are the centre of the attention for just a few hours.

Sometime we refuge our problems on these days. Shall we just care about children in Children’s day? Shall we forget all the hunger some children are facing all over the world, while celebrating all of them in one day of the year? At least in my world we celebrate them for a full week, but that is not the point. The child I found in Stormwind was just missing a candy. There are lots of children in your world missing a piece of bread! By the other hand there are also many children eating too much and getting obese! Where is the balance in all of this? This is insane! Split the food equally by all the parts!

If you globalize everything, why don’t you globalize the food? Why there is so much waste?

If you want globalization, don’t let such important things “unglobalized”!

In that World of...

Um comentário:

  1. I think you are right. We only care about these causes in those days and the rest of the year we 'blind'. There are many malnourished children ... while in other countries, obesity lasts! How to balance? Good question ... The international community should have the primary aim of food security! But is not that easy ...

    ResponderExcluir